Monday, November 9, 2009

Day trip to Wimberley and Gruene with my friends


We had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect. We met in town at one lady's house at 8:30 a.m. and had banana bread and orange juice and coffee. Then we took two cars and headed out for Wimberley. Wimberley Market Days was going on and we browsed through all the booths for a couple of hours. I bought the most adorable succulents (plants) there. Then we drove to Gruene and met a third carload and had lunch at the Gristmill; then walked next door to Gruene Hall and listened to two sets of Rob Roy Parnell - very good band, very energetic and fun. Known as Texas Roadhouse Blues, I believe. Got back to Austin about 6:30. So relaxing and wonderful to be with my friends again. I am second from the end on your right.

No comments: