Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I just got a cool old guitar

I am still working on the head, a little at a time. I nipped and tumbled two more barrels full of glass, all small pieces and with the points nipped off.



I am starting a new project to run concurrently with the head, an old 12 string guitar that has a few holes and cracks in it. The theme is going to be (loosely) a blues club from the twenties. I will use mostly blue stained glass along with some special tiles. I think the two ladies (nipped from a porcelain vase) look as if they are sitting in a club listening to the blues. It is intended to be a birthday gift for a special guy. MUST have it done by the end of June.

2 comments:

Kiyi Kiyi said...

I can't wait to see it! It sounds really pretty! Wish I knew how to mosaic. What I really wish is that I could take a class from you! You have such great ideas!

Lori R. said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer to you. I would love to see the process of how you do a guitar. I love your work and your head is going to be so cool! Best of luck with a deadline. I never do well with deadlines...