Sunday, August 21, 2011

Could I have a refill, please?




(click on the picture for a larger view)





As you probably know, Texas is suffering from a drought and 66 days straight of over 100 degree heat. Every morning I fill the birdbaths with ice water for the squirrels and birds.

This afternoon we noticed this little squirrel lying in the birdbath staring at the house for a long time. I took a bowl of ice water out and of course he immediately ran for the trees. The birdbath was dry so I filled it and hoped he would come back. Poor baby!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Aw, poor little guy! So sweet of you to think of the wild things that have it even tougher than the humans with air conditioning!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, Lee Ann. Yes, it makes me feel good to help them out a little. Times are tough right now. No rain and no relief from the heat ...