Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rain!

It's midnight, July 27, 2013, in central Texas, and we are having a huge, pounding, thundering, lightning-flashing, electricity-flickering, roaring downpour of rain.  My grannie used to say, about these thunderstorms, "that ol' potato wagon is rollin' across the sky."  I feel lucky -- imagine us getting a lovely rain this time of year.  It's almost August and I reckon we're in for it -- probably 40 days or more in a row of 100+ degree heat, all through August and into September.  But for now, for tonight, lovely, chilly, drenching RAIN!  

4 comments:

Irene said...

We had some rain this morning in Houston. Just enough to water the grass. Stay cool:-)

Unknown said...

Yes we had a lovely rain in Austin as well. It started around midnight and I just happened to still be up. The thunder rumblings and lightning flashes were music to the ears!

Unknown said...

Wasn't it great? We've had such a nice summer so far, I feel that I can deal with August!

The JR said...

I wish we could have sent you some of the rain we've been getting. Been trying to cut our hay for 3 weeks now.