Monday, June 27, 2011

ACEO cards

I'm still working on the space mosaic -- just finishing up the Saturn mosaic and ready to move on the last and most difficult: Earth. Meanwhile, I listed 17 ACEO cards on eBay (seller Silvamae) and someone on here asked me to post some art other than mosaic so here are some of the ACEO cards I listed:





ACEOs are 2.5" by 3.5" collectible art cards. Stevie Ray is my favorite guitarist so I did a little portrait of him; Neil Young is one of my husband's favorite artists so I did one of him; I love doing little music cards. Some of my mixed media cards are created using wine labels that I carefully soak off the bottle and affix to the card and then embellish with borders, and I also enjoy creating cards using bits of carefully trimmed cigar labels. Feedback welcome! (as always)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Silva,

Your site has been a source of inspiration ever since I decided that I wanted to mosaic my stairs a little over a year ago. When I searched for images on google, yours was one of the first to appear. I spent a lot of time reading your process. Since then, I have branched out to mosaicing upcycled furniture. If you have a moment, check out my website: https://sites.google.com/a/maine.edu/tribou-mosaics/
Thanks for your art!

Unknown said...

Hi there, what a pleasure to open up the blog this morning and see your comment. I checked out your website and your work is cool! All of it, but especially your stairs. I really like the top three steps. Thanks for your kind words and thanks for your art!