Friday, October 29, 2010

Cat on mesh, ready to leave for Florida

(This first picture is after the installation.)

 
Here is the little kitty cat, all done and ready to be mailed today.  I wish I could go to Florida too! 

See the previous post which describes how to mosaic onto mesh. 

I finished gluing the tiles last night, waited several hours, then s-l-o-w-l-y peeled the mosaic up and away from the plastic-covered cutting board.  It works best to peel at an angle; start at one corner and peel upward toward the opposite corner.  Then I laid it upside down for the night to make sure the glue dried thoroughly. 

Now I am ready to package and mail.  I have cut two pieces of heavy cardboard a little larger all the way around than the mosaic, and I will place him between the cardboard pieces and tape securely.  Then he goes into a flat rate mailing envelope and off to the post office.   


No comments: